Raiders PROMISE Project
Preventing Raiders Opioid Misuse in a Safe Environment
(A sub-project of the Opioid Misuse Prevention Project, OMPP)
What is the PROMISE Project?
This is a multi-component, comprehensive project that is aimed at preventing substance misuse and promoting healthy development in young people and their families across Pennsylvania. This initiative was developed in partnership with the Pennsylvania Department of Drug & Alcohol Programs (DDAP), the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD), and the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE).
What is the goal of this project and what does it do?
The goal of the project is to:
- Address the opioid situation by targeting the community at-large to…
- Reduce the risk factors that lead to substance use…
- While increasing the protective factors that promote strong youth, families, and communities…
- As well as prevent substance use disorders before they develop
- Strengthening Families Program: For Parents and Youth 10-14 (SFP 10-14)
- LifeSkills Training (LST)
- Social Development Strategy (SDS)
- Primary Prevention Messaging Campaign (PPMC)